Monday 6 June 2011

How can I forget ??


Composed, I was reclining on the back of my chair. Suddenly the date on the calendar struck my eyes. There was something special about the date June 6, 2011. But what could it be? I tried hard but nothing significant came to my mind. But there had to be something special about this date for sure. I tried to recall all my friends’ birthdays. Damn it, I remembered very few. We have become too dependent on the birthday reminders on orkut and facebook I guess. I then called my home to check if there was some family event related to this date. My mom started laughing on hearing this. “Son, you went to Bangalore on the same day last year” was her instant remark. Something inside struck me. It was a very odd feeling. How could I forget that? 

Yes, I have completed one year in Bangalore today.  It has been a year since I left my college, friends and family.  On June 6, 2010, after completing a journey of 39 hours which was the longest journey of my life, I and Richa reached at Shivam Homes in Bangalore (Shivam Homes is the name of the hotel where our stay arrangements were made by our first company Spectrum. I have spent some of the most memorable days of my life here). I came to know that 3 other girls had already reached the hotel before us. I was very curious to know if they were beautiful. So, I secretly.....

What happened after that I will probably cover in another blog. Please keep watching this space for more. Thanks for reading my first blog.

Manvendra Shrivastava

5 comments:

  1. Ahem!! Ahem !! what a day u chose to start a blog.......Happy blogging dear....Would wait for another post about the three beautiful girls....indeed they were beautiful,were'nt they ;)????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good One Manvedra :)
    Will wait for further update.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Daksha and Anusha for being the first ones to comment on my blog. Anusha- I think two of them are;-) Now read my next blog to see which are the two..there is still a lot more to come..

    ReplyDelete
  4. There were more than three Manvendra ;)..
    Indeed, you chose a good time to start your blog.
    Waiting to see more posts from you..

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOH Manvendra now its near June 06 2013.. what happened after that... still waiting

    ReplyDelete